The rodeo was first held in 1945 and proved so popular that it was taken over by the Lower Fraser Valley Agricultural Association in 1947.
In 1962, the fair was taken over by the Fraser Valley Exhibition Society, and in 1994, the fair and rodeo were renamed the Cloverdale Rodeo & Exhibition Association.
In 1996, the 109-year-old annual fall fair was incorporated into the May rodeo weekend.
In 2007, after controversy over the death of a steer, the rodeo announced that it will drop 4 roping events thus disqualifying itself from the professional rodeo circuit.
Copyright © 2015-2019 Dave Polley Photography - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy